Best .17 HMR Scope
best .17 hmr scope Comperison Chart
1. Leupold VX-6HD 2-12x42mm Riflescope *
- Model #171563- VX-6HD 2-12x42mm riflescope with Illum. FireDot Duplex CDS Reticule and Matte
- 100% Waterproof, fogproof and shockproof
- ZeroLock CDS (Custom Dial Systems) – This dial is custom made to fit your rifle and ammo. It simplifies longer shots by eliminating holdovers or ballistic calculations.
- Twilight Max HD Light Management System – Provides 30 minutes of shooting time, the best in class glare mitigation, and an edge to edge HD lens clarity
- Illuminated Reticle is ideal for low-light conditions. The in-scope electronic level makes mounting easier and improves long-range accuracy.
2. Bushnell Engage Riflescope, Matte Black, 30mm Tube *
- Bushnell Deploy MOA Reticle is a great choice for target shooters, hunters, lovers of multiple calibers and anyone looking for versatility in a riflescope. Crosshairs 0.18 MOA thick are easy to read without blocking the target picture. There are also hash marks at every 1MOA for precise elevation holdover. To aid in windage holds, the hash marks below zero measure 2 MOA. The Deploy MOA Reticle delivers precise shots every time thanks to its accurate ballistic calculations.
- The riflescope has an anti-reflection coating that is tailored to each lens element in its optical path. This ensures the best light possible from the front glass to the eyepiece. This results in optimum brightness and true colors across the entire light spectrum.
- Bushnell’s EXO Barrier is a molecular bond that bonds to the exterior of lenses and repels oil, water, fog, dust and other debris. These lenses are resistant to scratches and won’t fog up during critical moments, so you can be confident in the field, no matter what the weather.
3. Hawke Sport Optics Vantage 4-12x40 Rimfire .17 HMR Riflescope Bundle with 2-Piece Weaver Medium Riflescope Rings (2 Items) *
- Bundle includes: Hawke Sport Optics vantage 4-12×40 Rimfire and Match Mount 1-Inch 2-Piece Weber Medium Riflescope Rings
- Design: These Rifle Scopes are low-profile and feature no-snag technology. They were designed by Hawke Sport Optics experts to allow you to reset your elevation and windage to zero in just 1/4 MOA clicks
- Multi-Coated Optics – Fully multi-coated Optics ensures the best light transmission. Red and green illumination, five brightness levels and red and green lighting ensure you can always take your shot in low light. The Hawke Sport Optics Vantage 4-12x40IR Scope is ideal for this purpose.
- Durable: The Hawke Sport Optics vantage 4-12×40 IR red/green riflescope is durable and can withstand any punishment.
- Transform: Make your hunting experience more enjoyable by setting up almost any weapon.
4. Hawke Vantage IR 4-12x40 AO IR Riflescope, 1 in, Rimfire .17HMR (14241) *
- GREAT VALUE, HIGH PERFORMANCE AND VERSATILE SCOPE. 11-layer Fully Multi-Coated Lenses, for exceptional clarity, light, and contrast.
- ADJUSTABLE OJECTIVE for parallax correction starting at 9m / 10yds to Infinity. Perfect for close-shooting
- RIMFIRE.17 HMR RETAIL (12X) A Hawke-exclusive illuminated X –ACT reticle with aim points for the 17 HMR caliber. All aim points and magnifications are pre-calculated.
- EXCELLENT BUILD QUALITY- With a sturdy mono-tube chassis of 1 inch for greater strength and stability, it is extremely strong.
- HAWKE LIFETIME WARRANTY WORLDWIDE – Genuine product from the leader in high performance, affordable gun scopes, binoculars and spotting scopes
5. BSA 3-12x40mm Rifle Scope *
- Magnification low: 3; Magnification high: 12; Objective lens diameter: 40 mm
- 30/30 Duplex Illuminated Red, Green, Blue Reticle
- 1 inch aluminum tube, 1 piece construction
- Multi-coated glass lens material
- Multi-Grain Turret with Side Parallax
- Waterproof, Fogproof, Shockproof
- Included: CR2032 Battery
- 20.60 oz weight; 13.00 in length
- Red, Green, and Blue Illuminated Reticles
- Turret calibrated to.17HMR 17gr. Bullets up to.20gr.
- Eye Relief 4″
Table of Contents
- 1 Best .17 HMR Scope
- 1.1 best .17 hmr scope Comperison Chart
- 1.2 What too consider before buying .17 hmr scope?
- 1.3 Top 5 .17 hmr scopes
- 1.3.1 1.Leupold VX-6HD 2-12x42mm Riflescope
- 1.3.2 2.Bushnell Engage Riflescope, Matte Black, 30mm Tube
- 1.3.3 3.Hawke Sport Optics Vantage 4-12x40 Rimfire .17 HMR Riflescope Bundle with 2-Piece Weaver Medium Riflescope Rings (2 Items)
- 1.3.4 4.Hawke Vantage IR 4-12x40 AO IR Riflescope, 1 in, Rimfire .17HMR (14241)
- 1.3.5 5.BSA 3-12x40mm Rifle Scope
What too consider before buying .17 hmr scope?
It is not easy to shop around for a scope that will work with 17 HMR. There are many options, but no two scopes are alike in terms of quality and performance.
We all have our own preferences and we need to compare. This is why I have listed some things you should look out for when looking for accessories for your rifle.
We hope you can now see your ideal riflescope with the features you want for an unforgettable hunting or game experience. Let us review them and then we will help you choose the right scope for you.
It is obvious that the scope’s magnifying power should be considered when purchasing a scope. This is because not only do we need to have a clear view of the target, but also a good vantage point. We should be fine, especially when hunting small game.
Finally, I know that most of us want to keep the nice meat even though we are taking the headshot at the target. We would like to be able to see the target and pinpoint it, which is why magnification is so useful. To get the best results, I recommend a 9-14x magnification to take a shot, and a 5-10x magnification to scan the perimeter of a target or the target.
We want to get the best light transmission possible from our lense, but also have a good viewing field so we can scan the perimeters before zooming in.
A riflescope’s reticle is another thing you should consider when buying one. These are the lines or crosshairs that you will find in the center of your scope. Reticles can be used to help you locate the target and determine the direction of the bullet’s path. There are many types of reticles, including ballistic, duplex and mil-dot. Compare a variety of reticles to find the one that is most comfortable for your shooting eye. You should be able to use the scope with the correct reticle type.
You should also compare scopes with multicoated lense. These knobs can be found where the windage or elevation knobs are. These knobs can be adjusted to adjust the crosshair’s direction and move it up/down, left/right.
An adjustable turret is a good option if you plan to use your scope for long- and short-range target shooting.
Also, you should look for one that has a good parallax adjustment. This is important because it’s ideal for long-range and close targets. An adjustment that is precise will reduce the need to align your eyes perfectly with the scope, and increase the chances of accurate shots. If you are shooting less than 25 yards, however, a parallax adjustment might not be necessary.
A scope that lasts for many years is what you want. It is a significant investment. We recommend that you get one that is resistant to shocks and bumps. It should be capable of handling different hunting conditions, including extreme cold and heat, as well as weather changes.
Apart from a 40mm objective, it is important to find one that can withstand vibrations. To ensure its durability, it should be made from aluminum or steel.
You can expect long-term reliability by choosing one that is heavy-duty. You should look for riflescopes with solid and compact components that will last many years.
It’s about your security. A good warranty is a must when buying a riflescope to fit your 17 HMR. Another thing that makes a scope great is its warranty. When comparing scopes, it is important to choose one with a long warranty.
Some include a limited lifetime warranty while others cover scope damage from dropping. You might find a scope with a transferrable warranty. This is helpful if you need to sell it.
Glass coating and objective lens
You should also look for quality components and build. This is especially important when you use hi-magnification scopes with a different zoom. They greatly contribute to light transmission, image quality and image quality. A top-quality coating can also improve the scope’s durability and resistance to scratching.
Eye relief and eye box
What is eye relief? Eye relief refers to the distance between your scope and your aiming eyes that will allow for optimal sight image. Eye relief is not an issue due to the 17 HMR’s low recoil. Those with an eye relief of 2.5 inches or less are still good.
The eyebox, on the other hand refers to the amount of space available for eye placement. A small eyebox may indicate less than.5 inches for placement. This can lead to frustration during hunting due to slow acquisition of targets.
Top 5 .17 hmr scopes
Any list of “best scopes”, which does not include a Leupold, should be suspicious.
Yes, Leupold can be expensive. Leupold also has one of the most comprehensive warranties in the business. If it breaks, you can send it back for a repair or replacement. The company also has the most rigorous scope testing process in the industry.
The Leupold scope is well worth it.
The Leupold’s 30mm tube is made from aircraft-grade aluminum. It also comes in a variety red reticle configurations. The BDC reticle is the best option to maximize the scope and rifle’s capabilities.
The dots will be needed for an eight-inch drop at 200 yds on a 100 yd zero. You can also use the fast-focus eyepiece.
Maximum magnification gives a field of view of 10.2 feet at 100 meters. This magnification level is necessary due to the 17 HMR cartridge’s capabilities and the critters that you can shoot with it. A squirrel head is small at 150 yards. Crosshairs can be used to obscure the entire squirrel when you use low magnification.
Adjustments are 14 MOA. The scope is waterproof and features a special matte coating to quickly shed rainwater. The scope is a second focal-plan scope. This means that the reticle remains the same size regardless of how much zoom you use.
It also has 70 MOA windage and elevation adjustments, giving you ample room to practice “long range” rimfire firing.
Although the Bushnell Engage is not designed for 17 HMR scopes, it has a tactical reticle that makes it a good choice. Bushnell claims that the hashmarks can be distinguished by one MOA.
They extend three-quarters of the way across the windage lines, and nearly to the bottom of the elevation line. This scope can reach distances of up to 300 meters. This scope is easy to use once you are familiar with how your ammunition performs.
It has a 6-24x scope and a 50mm bell. At 100 yards, the field of view is 7 feet. Tube diameter is 30mm The tube is 30mm in diameter.
Multicoated lens with Exo Barrier(tm), which sheds oil, water and is scratch and dust resistant. This aids light transmission as well as target acquisition in low-light conditions. (Dusk-time prairie dog hunting anyone?) ).
This scope is for the 17 HMR and features an illuminated XACT lighted reticle for 17 HMR performance. According to the company, the zero is set at 100 yards. The rest of the reticle dots can be preset.
What does this mean?
Once you have the scope set up, you are ready to go for 17 HMR shooting at the most distant ranges. You can reach as far as 350 yards with no guesswork
The magnification ranges from 4-12x. At 100 yards, the field of view is 8.7 feet. It’s waterproof and comes with a 1-inch tube. There are five lighting options available for the reticle. It has a turret adjustment of 1/4 MOA, and an impressive 100 MOA.
Although it won’t be as good as the best high-quality optics, it is still comparable to the Barska and BSA offerings. It also comes in at a lower price than a basic Nikon Prostaff.
The Vantage IR riflescope is ideal for hunting targets as well as varmints. Hawke’s exclusive X-ACT reticle makes it perfect. The aiming points of this illuminated reticle have been pre-calculated and are specifically calibrated for the flat-shooting,.17 HMR cartridge. You simply need to zero the optic at 100 yards and it will automatically set all the aim points.
The scope’s adjustable objective can correct parallax at distances of 10 to infinity. This is a great feature for long-range shooters. The scope features multi-coated lenses, which offer exceptional brightness, clarity and contrast.
The Hawke Vantage IR is waterproof and shockproof. It’s nitrogen purged to avoid internal fogging. The Hawke Vantage IR is also equipped with a tough, one-piece aluminum housing that provides extra durability out in the field.
The BSA Sweet 17SP was designed specifically for.17 HMR. The scope features a BDC Reticle and Adjustment Turrets, which are ballistically calibrated to accept.17 HMR rounds with 17- or 20 grain projectiles. It also features a parallax adjustment (from 10 to infinity) that makes it ideal for long-range rimfire shooting.
The Sweet 17 SP features fully multi-coated lenses, which produce bright, crisp images.
The Sweet 17 SP is built to withstand rough use. It features a housing made from one piece of aluminum alloy. To ensure reliable fogproof performance in all conditions, the housing is nitrogen-filled and sealed with an o-ring.