Best Night Vision Scope for Hog Hunting
night vision scope for hog hunting Comperison Chart
1. Pulsar Digisight Ultra N455 LRF Digital Night Vision Riflescope *
- For storage and protection of Pulsar Phantom Riflescopes, a foam insert is required.
- Picture in picture digital zoom using Stream Vision, an app that connects scope and smart device
- Five individual shooting profiles can hold up to 10 zeroing distances
- Sensors for elevation angle and side incline
- Included with a powerful, long-range, IR Illuminator.
- Built in precision laser range finder
- Unique B-pack power system
- IPX7 waterproof
- Integral video recorder with Updatable Software
- Wide-angle eyepiece
- Reoil resistance for high caliber firearms
- Instant start-up
- Stream Vision App. Remote review, operation, and live streaming of YouTube using Smartphone
2. ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Smart Day/Night Hunting Scope w/ Ballistics Calc, 3864x2218 Resolution, Video Record, Wi-Fi, 18hrs+ Battery *
- HD Sensor – Provides enhanced image sensitivity and razor-sharp quality of view, regardless of distance or lighting conditions.
- Enhanced Night Vision mode – focuses hidden prey on a specific target in total darkness.
- Smart Features: Recoil activated video, recording at 120 FPS. Wi-Fi dual-streaming. Smart Mil Dot Reticular, ATN Radar. Ballistics Calculator.
- You can set up six profiles with the built-in Ballistics Calculator. For a perfect shot, consider the range, angle to target and temperature.
- It features a classic ergonomic design and an easy-to-use interface. Mountable on almost any platform that has 30mm standard mount rings.
3. Sniper HD 4.5x50 Digital Night Vision Riflescope Night Vision Infrared IR Camera Take Photos and Video Playback Function and TF Card for Hunting *
- Day/Night mode: Full color viewing for day; black and white for night vision; classic green for day.
300m NIGHTVISION RANGE: This features multi-coated glasses objectives and an Infrared LED Illuminator. It allows you to see clearly up to 980 feet/300 m in total darkness.
- Digital zoom 3x – A 4.5x optical magnification
- 1080p HD Video Recordings & Photos
- Package includes 1x IR Flashlight and 1x AV Video Cable,1x USB cable,1x Power Adapter and 1x Operating Instructions. 2 sets of Batteries (2 x 14500, 2 x18650), 1x Charger, and 1x Cleaning Cloths.
- Day/Night mode: Full color viewing for day; black and white for night vision; classic green for day.
4. Leupold FX-II Ultralight 2.5x20mm Riflescope *
- Model #58450 – FX-II Ultralight 2.5x20mm, Wide Duplex Reticle and Matte Finish
- 100% Waterproof, fogproof and shockproof
- Twilight Max Light Management System: Provides 20 minutes more shooting time and reduces glare to create premium edge-to–edge images
- Ultra-lightweight Construction – Lightweight design disperses the recoil energy for unparalleled durability and performance
- Lenses with Scratch Resistance – Lens surfaces are resistant to scratch according to the military’s extreme abrasion specifications
5. Vortex Optics Crossfire II 3-12x56 Adjustable Objective Hog Hunter, Second Focal Plane, 30mm Tube Riflescope - V-Brite Illuminated Reticle , black *
- The 3-12×56 Adjustable Obligatory Hog Hunter Crossfire II riflescope is ideal for hunting in low light conditions. Hunting in low light conditions is easy with the V-Brite reticle. The large objective allows hunters to shoot from heavy cover without fear.
- The adjustable objective allows for image focus and removal of parallax to the shooter, while fully multi-coated anti-reflective lenses give bright and clear views.
- You’ll quickly be able get a sight image and target with the help of a long eye relief. You can quickly focus your reticle with the fast-focus eyepiece.
- Capped reset turrets can be adjusted with finger clicks and MOA clicks. They can also be reset to zero upon sighting in.
- The strength and shockproof properties of a single-piece tube made from aircraft grade aluminum are assured by its unique construction. Crossfire II is waterproof and fogproof, and has been nitrogen purged.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Night Vision Scope for Hog Hunting
- 1.1 night vision scope for hog hunting Comperison Chart
- 1.2 What too consider before buying night vision scope for hog hunting?
- 1.3 Top 5 best night vision scopes for hog hunting
- 1.3.1 1.Pulsar Digisight Ultra N455 LRF Digital Night Vision Riflescope
- 1.3.2 2.ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Smart Day/Night Hunting Scope w/ Ballistics Calc, 3864x2218 Resolution, Video Record, Wi-Fi, 18hrs+ Battery
- 1.3.3 3.Sniper HD 4.5x50 Digital Night Vision Riflescope Night Vision Infrared IR Camera Take Photos and Video Playback Function and TF Card for Hunting
- 1.3.4 4.Leupold FX-II Ultralight 2.5x20mm Riflescope
- 1.3.5 5.Vortex Optics Crossfire II 3-12x56 Adjustable Objective Hog Hunter, Second Focal Plane, 30mm Tube Riflescope - V-Brite Illuminated Reticle , black
What too consider before buying night vision scope for hog hunting?
There are many night vision scopes available today. This can make it seem like a daunting task to choose an optic. These are some things to consider when choosing which model to buy.
Night vision optics can be more costly than traditional optics. Entry-level night vision starts at $1000 and higher-end devices can go up to $10,000.
There are also cheaper options. Quality is not always cheap, especially when it comes to optics. You should be prepared to spend a lot of money on a high-quality night vision scope.
Even the most advanced night vision optics have a lower image quality than traditional riflescopes. Modern night vision has a better image quality than NVDs in the past.
Hunting optics can provide sufficient clarity to allow for shot placements up to 200 yards. But, you shouldn’t expect to identify someone at 500 yards.
Night vision scopes typically have an identification range of between 100 and 200 yards. This range is much shorter than that of a traditional riflescope. Your rifle’s range will be much shorter than your night vision scope.
A good Gen 3 device may have a range that is several times greater than a Gen 1 device. Your identification range can also be affected by the amount of light available.
Digital NVDs vary by make and model. Make sure you check the specifications before buying.
Night vision scopes have simple, straightforward reticles. These reticles are usually simple duplex or dots designs. If you need something more complicated, there are night vision devices that can attach to standard scopes.
Many digital night vision scopes offer a variety of reticles that allow shooters to choose the right design for their particular application. For more precise shooting, some scopes also include laser rangefinders or ballistic calculators.
Type and Life of Battery
Night vision optics that are military-grade use expensive civilian batteries. They can be hard to find, and many are not rechargeable.
A common battery is best for night vision optics. Night vision can drain battery power quickly so be sure to bring an extra set to the field.
Night vision scopes may use a lithium-ion rechargeable battery which will last longer. They are also difficult to replace once they expire.
Top 5 best night vision scopes for hog hunting
This is an excellent option for Gen 2 scopes. This scope has a laser IR illuminator built in with a 3-step power adjustment. You can also use the IR in pitch black. The interiors will not be damaged by daylight, unlike the previous scope. The housing is also made of a composite material, which can withstand daily abuses such as hunting and target practice. The wireless remote is also included.
Internal focusing makes it easy to adjust. It is intuitively designed and easy to use. It also features an accessory rail and a flip-up lens protector to protect your investment. It can be taken out in a matter of minutes and you are ready to hunt.
This scope was not on many night vision scope reviewers’ list. So, it’s more like a hidden gem. It offers the same image quality and resolution as scopes hundreds of times more expensive. The scope can also record your hunts, and can be connected to a video player at sight. This scope is more useful than a Gen 1 which can only see 150 yards. It can also spot up to 1,000 feet away and shoots at 300 yards.
The ATN X-Sight eliminates the need to switch between a nighttime and daytime optic. This riflescope not only offers excellent daytime performance but also allows you see targets up to 150 yards even in pitch dark conditions.
This digital riflescope is high-quality and comes with tons of additional features such as a ballistic calculator, rangefinders, thermometers, 3D gyroscope, compass, thermometers, and a compass. You can also record 4K video.
Recoil activated recording, Wi-Fi streaming and Wi-Fi streaming are some of the features that make the X-Sight Pro so great for hunting with friends. The NVRS will start recording automatically 10 seconds prior to the shot and stop recording 10 seconds later.
ATN’s “One-Shot Zero”, a unique feature that allows you to set up your scope in seconds, isn’t it? Simply aim your scope at the center of the target and move the correction reticle to the bullet hole. The main reticle remains on the bullseye. The scope will adjust the reticle automatically so that the next shots hit your aiming points.
This multi-purpose hunting scope is nearly like a high-tech computer that you can attach directly to your rifle.
This digital day/night scope allows you to see full-color bright images in sunlight, or in black and white (or classical green) night vision mode.
Multi-coated optics are featured on the scope, as well as a 5mm objective lens and an infrared LED illuminator (850nmIR). This combination allows for high-quality resolution even in total darkness, up to 300 yards from targets.
The Sniper HD offers a 4.5x optical system magnification, and a 3x digital zoom capability. This allows you to get close and personal with your targets without leaving your hunting stand.
The Sniper HD allows you to take photos and videos from after-dark hunts, in addition to digital night vision.
This scope is ideal for hunting hogs at distances greater than 200 feet. Leupold’s proprietary MOA (maximum aim angle) and Ballistic Aiming System allows users to adjust their crosshair to align the target as precisely possible.
The FX-II is a great hog hunting scope that shines because of its lightweight platform operation. The FX-II is a fast, ready, zero-in scope that allows you to sneak in and hit the kill zone.
Leupold has developed many new technologies to ensure the Leupold FX-II’s waterproofness and functionality during hunting trips. Leupold’s watertight seal provides extraordinary clarity, even when the scope is immersed in water. Leupold’s O-ring seal, which is patented by Leupold, is extremely durable and can withstand prolonged exposure to water. The Leupold FX-II does not have a “dive scope” so it stays securely in its case without any leaks.
Leupold rifle scopes are designed to fit with various rifle models’ eye relief options. For hunters who want more comfort, there are models that offer less eye relief. There are also models that provide more precise eye relief. You can adjust the degree of relief before or after shooting.
To test the Crossfire II, we used our modified AR-15. It works remarkably well. It makes it easy to find the target with the reticle. The modern technology in the lens makes it easier to target low-light settings.
The Crossfire II makes it easy to target a hog at 50 yards distance. We were able to shoot a deer from 200 yards with this hog hunting scope. This scope is a great choice for hunting long distances due to its wide-ranging lens power.
We didn’t like the performance of this night vision scopes used for hog hunting in snow and rain. Despite being water-resistant, it does not provide the best picture quality in harsh weather conditions.
We still consider Vortex Crossfire to be the best scope for hunting hogs, despite a decrease in image quality when it is snowy or rainy.