Best Rifle Scope Under 500
best rifle scope under 500 Comperison Chart
1. Vortex Optics Viper HS-T 4-16x44 SFP Riflescope VMR-1 MRAD , Black *
- The Viper HS-T 4-16×44 is one of multiple configurations in the Viper HS-T (Hunting & Shooting Tactical) line. VMR-1 Reticle (MRAD) is perfect for accurate holds at extended ranges.
- Incorporating our premium, fully multi-coated, extra-low dispersion lenses brings excellent resolution and color fidelity. The XR coatings provide enhanced light gathering capability while Armortek coating protects the lenses.
- The exposed target-style turrets are constructed for precise and repeatable finger-adjustable clicks. A CRS Zero Stop allows for reliable return to zero capability after dialing temporary elevation corrections.
- A 4x zoom provides magnification versatility while the side focus parallax adjustment provides optimal image focus and parallax removal. The fast focus eyepiece allows the shooter to properly adjust the reticle to your eye.
- The one-piece tube is o-ring sealed and argon purged to ensure waterproof and fogproof performance. The Viper HS-T is a versatile yet simple riflescope that is at home in a hunting, target shooting, or tactical application.
2. Burris Signature HD 3-15x44mm 1in Illuminated E3 MOA Tall Knobs Waterproof Shockproof Fogproof Matte Black Riflescope (20053) *
- You can choose between the Plex or Ballistic E3 Illuminated reticles for accurate shots at both close and distant distances. This rifle scope is highly versatile, providing clear and bright views at all distances.
- It is made with a 1-inch nitrogen-filled tube. The new push/pull locking and turrets are updated. There’s also a zero stop feature which automatically stops the elevation turbine at the zero distance. This makes setting the zero stop much easier.
- 5x zoom system featuring premium, multi-coated glasses for sharp, bright images.
- Rear focal plane Ballistic E3 rear reticle calibrated to traditional, magnum, and varmint loads. Hash marks on the lower vertical crosshair can be calibrated to aim from 100-400 yards
- Burris Forever Warranty. If your Burris optic is damaged or defective, we will replace it or repair it. The warranty does not cover damage, loss, or deliberate damage to the product.
3. Athlon Optics , Helos BTR , Riflescope , 6-24 x 50 First Focal Plane (FFP) 30 mm Tube, Illuminated APMR MIL Reticle , *
- The First Focal Plan Reticle remains valid at all power settings, allowing you to fully use the specially designed reticle which shrinks or expands with your target when you zoom in or outside.
- You can lock both the wind age and elevation turrets by simply pulling up the dials and pushing down the turrets.
- Multicoated optics reduce reflected light and increase light transmission, giving you a brighter image than normal single-coated lenses.
- Argon purging uses inertia gas that has larger molecules to remove any moisture from the tube. This gives you better thermal stability and waterproofing.
- The illuminated reticle allows for greater visibility in low-light environments such as dawn, dusk, and dawn.
4. Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 1-8x24 Second Focal Plane Riflescope - BDC3 Reticle (MOA), Black *
- The Strike Eagle 1-6×24 has been updated to offer speed and versatility. The true 1x on its low end is versatile and can be used in a variety of situations, allowing shooters to quickly engage targets at all distances.
- The magnification ring was updated with a threaded throw lever and magnification indicators are now visible without having to remove the scope.
- The new BDC3 illuminated reticle is faster to focus the shooter’s eyes on the target. Holdovers make it possible to use the reticle immediately for targets at 650 yards.
- The eyepiece has a quick focus dial that allows for easy reticle focusing. All air-to-glass surfaces have anti-reflective coatings that increase light transmission to provide better clarity and low-light performance.
- The tube was purged with nitrogen and sealed with an o-ring for fogproof and water resistance. This one-piece, aircraft-grade aluminum tube, 30mm in diameter, is shockproof and can withstand recoil as well as other impacts.
5. VX-3HD 3.5-10x40 (1 inch) CDS-ZL Duplex *
- Model #180617- VX-3HD, 3.5-10x40mm Riflescope equipped with a Duplex CDSZL reticle. Matte finish.
- Duplex reticle- The most widely used reticle in the globe, defined by heavy posts.
- ZeroLock CDSZL (Custom Dial System), – Shortens shots by eliminating holdovers and ballistic calculations. A dial that’s customized to your gear can simplify longer shots
- Leupold’s Elite Optical System – delivers exceptional light transmission, glare mitigation, and resolution for superior performance under any condition
- Made in the USA. 100% Waterproof, fogproof and shockproof. Leupold’s legendary customer service backs it all.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Rifle Scope Under 500
- 1.1 best rifle scope under 500 Comperison Chart
- 1.2 What too consider before buying rifle scope under 500?
- 1.3 Top 5 rifle scopes under 500
- 1.3.1 1.Vortex Optics Viper HS-T 4-16x44 SFP Riflescope VMR-1 MRAD , Black
- 1.3.2 2.Burris Signature HD 3-15x44mm 1in Illuminated E3 MOA Tall Knobs Waterproof Shockproof Fogproof Matte Black Riflescope (20053)
- 1.3.3 3.Athlon Optics , Helos BTR , Riflescope , 6-24 x 50 First Focal Plane (FFP) 30 mm Tube, Illuminated APMR MIL Reticle ,
- 1.3.4 4.Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 1-8x24 Second Focal Plane Riflescope - BDC3 Reticle (MOA), Black
- 1.3.5 5.VX-3HD 3.5-10x40 (1 inch) CDS-ZL Duplex
What too consider before buying rifle scope under 500?
The real challenge isn’t finding the best scope for rifle under 600 dollars, but choosing the best from a long list. Here are some considerations to make before you make your decision.
The objective lens size is an important consideration when choosing a scope. The larger the diameter of the objective lens, the more light is collected and the brighter the images. This will affect your accuracy in sighting and target shooting.
High quality optics and glasses
When looking for the best rifle scope, you should also consider optics and glass. Your scope’s glass quality will affect the quality of your images. To ensure clear vision, you should choose a scope made of durable glass that will not crack easily.
Superior light transmission
You should also consider the light transmission offered by a scope. Superior light transmission allows you to have more shooting light, so you can enjoy your craft all day.
Your intended use will determine the magnification of the scope. A higher magnification is required if your scope will be used for long-range shooting and varmint hunting.
However, the higher the magnification, the more expensive it will be. If you don’t think you would require that much magnification, you can opt for a lower magnification. This is also more economic.
Exit pupil and Generous Eye Relief
You must be aware of the scope’s exit pupil and eye relief to ensure your brows are not strained by recoil. You will be able to enjoy the field for longer hours and not worry about getting hurt.
Mounting a scope shouldn’t be a frustrating task. This is why it is important to choose a simple to mount scope. The good news is that these scopes are easy to use. Although some scopes can be difficult to use at first, they can be mounted easily.
Fast focus eyepiece
It is beneficial to quickly focus your eyepiece in order to acquire targets accurately and quickly. It is easy to lock onto a target and keep your focus, giving you an obvious advantage in every situation.
Pay attention to the material of your scope. It will not be difficult to find a scope that is waterproof and fogproof.
When you have quality control problems with your scope, reliable customer service can save the day. It is important to find a company that you can contact easily and that can answer any questions about your product.
These are only a few of the most important things to consider before you purchase a rifle scope. This guide is not comprehensive, but it will help you make the best decision about your rifle scope.
Top 5 rifle scopes under 500
Vortex scopes are undoubtedly among the most expensive. The Diamondback HP was our favorite recommendation in previous years. You can still find them sometimes. Don’t be afraid to buy one if you are interested. No surprise, the Vortex scope is our top choice overall. It’s not the high end Vortex Razor HD Gen II scopes we reviewed.
This scope has a range of 4x to 16x magnification. This adjustment is sufficient to allow you to shoot for many hundreds of miles. This objective has a diameter of 44mm. It allows for sufficient light transmission, which is important if you use higher magnification levels.
If you are looking to hunt and shoot over short distances, this scope is not the best. Even though the Field of View is at 100 yards, it’s a solid 27.4ft, you will have trouble getting your target in the crosshairs.
The Viper HS 4–16x44mm shines because of its extra-low dispersion quality. Vortex’ Extra low dispersion glass is used. Also known as XD glass. To reduce glare and reflections , all lenses are fully multicoated. This allows for crisp and clear images.
Vortex placed the VPlex MOA-reticle on ‘s second focal plane. This is great for hunting. For long-range target shooting, a first focal plane is a better choice. You can adjust windage and elevation by 50 MOA, with 0.25 MOA per mouse click.
This tube is a large, 30 mm tube which allows for a lot more light to pass through. This is an advantage in situations where you don’t have great lighting. It will also allow you to shoot earlier or later, which can make a big difference when hunting deer. Find the best scopes for hunting deer.
Vortex scopes are known for their high quality build and excellent quality. Viper HS scopes can be waterproofed and fog-proof and are designed to withstand shock and recoil.
Burris is well-known for its innovative scopes and high quality products. Burris Signature HD 3-15×44 This takes the reputation to a new level. It has great features like crisp glass that allows for exceptional scope images.
It is ideal for hunting in many situations due to its 3-15x magnification. The magnification is able to support both 100- and 500-yard ranges. The objective lens of 44mm has enough diameter to allow plenty of light to enter the tube, allowing for a sharp target image.
The scope tube measures 1 inch in diameter and is made of aircraft-grade aluminum. This allows for magnification at a reasonable level and permits windage adjustments up to 80 MOA in increments of 1/4 MOA.
This scope has a rear focal plane optic. Hunting is made easier by the illuminated Ballistic E3 MOA Reticle. It is easy to adjust and allows for quick target acquisition.
At 100 yards, the field of view is between 37.5 and 7.5 feet. Eye relief ranges from 3.5 to 3.8 inches.
Athlon Optics may not be the most well-known name in gun optics. The truth is that the Athlon Optics Helos BTR Series of scopes are a high-quality optics line with an illuminated focal plane reticle, outstanding glass clarity and a high-quality first focal plane. They are an obvious choice for rifle scopes under $500 that can be used in low-light conditions.
The first focus plane is where the reticle will be placed. This setup is great for long distance shots, as the holdover points are in line with the scope image. When lighting conditions are not perfect, the large objective front lens of 50mm provides plenty of light to enter the tube.
This scope has a 4x zoom ratio. It has a magnification range of 6x to 24x, making it an excellent long-range scope. It will be difficult to target smaller prey from shorter distances with the lower magnification.
Multi-coated glass makes it clear and improves the image clarity. It also optimizes light transmission. They make the scope tube from one piece of aluminum. It measures 30mm in diameter. The tube is sealed with argon to prevent fogging and waterproofness.
Lock the elevation and windage turbines. Pull them up and dial the correct values. Push them down to lock them. You can adjust both elevation and windage by 18 mils (60 MOA), with a 6-mill adjustment per rotation.
This scope is perfect for 3-Gun competitions. This scope can engage targets quickly at extended ranges, from point-blank to long distances.
If you’re looking for a cheaper riflescope than the others under 500, the Strike Eagle SP is the right one.
The Vortex Optics Strike Eagle is a multi-functional scope that offers upgraded glass and reticle construction. It’s the best riflescope for those with tight budgets but still delivers high quality.
The Leupold VX-3i series scopes were a significant improvement on the VX-3. series. The Leupold VX-3HD has raised the bar.
Leupold improved the VX-3i with HD glass and their Elite Optical System. This offers excellent light transmission and impressive glare mitigation. Final note: While the VX-3HD and Leupold VX-3i have similar specs, Leupold has added almost an ounce to their weight!
This scope series, especially the 3.5-10x40mm model, has a unique feature: the optics. Leupold worked tirelessly with the Elite Optical System to achieve the best light transmission within this price range. Their hard work paid off.
Combining the aircraft-grade aluminum tube with the 40mm objective lens and ultra-clear HD glasses in the Leupold VX-3HD creates a vivid image that is filled with bright colors. The magnification range for scopes with similar prices is slightly lower than other scopes. The Leupold VX-3HD’s magnification range starts at 3.5x, which makes it more versatile than the 4.5x versions.
If you’re looking for a long-range rifle scope, the Leupold VX-3HD is not the right choice because it has a 10x magnification maximum. This scope has a high magnification range, but it is not suitable for hunting purposes. If you aren’t looking to shoot prey over long distances or target shooting, you will be satisfied with the magnification.
The Leupold VX-3HD has a 1-inch main tube, as mentioned. The VX-3HD’s reticle is a Duplex Reticle and has a second focal plane scope. Eye relief is between 3.6 and 4.5 inches.
Leupold’s Elite Optical System optimizes light transmission on the VX-3HD scopes. The Leupold VX-3i, 3.5-10x was equipped with the Twilight Max Light Management System. Leupold has since improved that system. The Elite Optical system, which includes the HD extra-low-dispersion glass and fully multicoated lenses, will give you a stunning target image.
The scope is more than able to compensate for the lack of highest-end magnification. It has excellent optics and clear scope images. This scope is versatile and affordable, with the highest quality optics available. The Vortex VX-3i is the successor, but the VX-3HD is an excellent choice!