Best Scope for .308 Sniper
Best Scope for .308 Comperison Chart
1. Trijicon VCOG 1-6x24 Horseshoe Dot Crosshair .308/175 Riflescope *
- Trijicon VCOG (Variable combat optical gunsight) 1-6×24, a rugged riflescope that can be powered by variable power and features an LED-illuminated focal plane reticle. It’s made to support close quarter battle (CQB), as well as long-distance marksmanship. This optic is MIL-spec-grade and can be used in any application. It has superior glass quality and light gathering abilities with zero distortion.
- Red Horseshoe reticle match with 175-grain.308 loads
- First focal plane that allows the ballistic reticle at any magnification to be used
- 700 hours continuous runtime when you set the 4 or 6 settings with a lithium-AA battery
- It is waterproof up to 66 feet, and the illumination electronics are Mil Spec.
- Fully 90 MOA windage and elevation adjustment are available in increments of 1/2 inch at 100m
2. NightForce SHV 5-20x56mm Zeroset .250 MOA, Matte Black *
- NIGHTFORCE SHV5-20×56 – This SHV is the most powerful and versatile of our SHV series. It performs well at close ranges and extended ranges with varmints and big game as well as for creating tight groups on paper.
- SPECS: It has an 80 MOA elevation adjustment, side parallax adjustment, and ZeroSet technology. This technology allows you to quickly return to the initial zero setting regardless of how many elevation adjustments have been made.
- WHAT’S IN THE BOX? – Rubber Lens Covers/ Cleaning Fob/ Cleaning Cloth. Owners Manual. Other Tools (Loose Allen Keys).
- RETICLES – SHV 5-20×56 Scope available with Forceplex or MOAR – MOA – Centre Illumination. This Scope provides exceptional clarity, crispness, and color contrast in every magnification setting.
- AVAILABLE MODELS – MOAR Center Only Illumination – C535; Forceplex Center only Illumination (N. America – CC587); MOAR Non-Illuminated C534; Forceplex non-Illuminated (N. America – CR586
3. Burris Ballistic Plex Hunting Riflescope, 2.75X-20mm, Black *
- This rifle is for shooters who require a fighting rifle or a rifle that works. The multi-purpose scout rifle is designed for shooters who are looking for a rifle with a slim profile.
- Forward mounting allows for mounting directly in front of the port for both extended eye relief as well as both-eyes open shooting. This is beneficial for quick target acquisition and enhanced situational awareness.
- At 9.7 inches, the scope is compact and light. It is lightweight at 9.7 inches and weighs only 13 oz.
- High-quality optical glass is of high quality and provides exceptional clarity and brightness with long-lasting durability. Nitrogen-filled body tubes keep internal fogging from the cold and rain.
- Hand-fitted, precision-gauged internal assemblies that are hand-fitted maintain a constant point of impact despite shock and vibration. They also hold true to the magnification range.
- Fog, water, and shockproof
- Target acquisition ultra-fast with both eyes open
- Multi-coated lenses
4. Primary Arms SLX 4-14x44mm FFP Rifle Scope - Illuminated ARC-2-MOA *
- Optimized ARC-2 MOA reticle remains true to the first focal plane scope’s variable 4–14x magnification
- Partial red illumination powered by 6 brightness settings and a common CR2032 Battery
- Click adjustments of 0.25 MOA match the reticle, making it easy to adjust for range and sighting in.
- With durable aluminum construction, it is waterproof, fog-resistant, and nitrogen-purged
- Three-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship
5. Vortex Optics Diamondback 3-9x40 Second Focal Plane Riflescope - V-Plex Reticle *
- The Diamondback 1. The Diamondback 1.
- The Dead-Hold BDC Reticle is great for hunting and shooting at different ranges, where estimation hold-over could be an issue.
- Multi-coated lenses provide bright, clear images from dawn to dusk. Fast focus eyepieces allow for easy and quick reticle focusing.
- Precision turrets made of metal on metal can be zero reset once sight-in is complete. Precision glide erector systems ensure repeatability and accurate tracking.
- The scope is made of one piece and has a hard anodized finish. This makes it shockproof and durable. It also camouflages the shooter’s location. The scope is O-ring sealed and argon purge to ensure fogproof and waterproof performance for a lifetime.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Scope for .308 Sniper
- 1.1 Best Scope for .308 Comperison Chart
- 1.2 What too consider before buying Best Scope for .308 Sniper?
- 1.3 Top 5 Scope for .308 Sniper
- 1.3.1 1.Trijicon VCOG 1-6x24 Horseshoe Dot Crosshair .308/175 Riflescope
- 1.3.2 2.NightForce SHV 5-20x56mm Zeroset .250 MOA, Matte Black
- 1.3.3 3.Burris Ballistic Plex Hunting Riflescope, 2.75X-20mm, Black
- 1.3.4 4.Primary Arms SLX 4-14x44mm FFP Rifle Scope - Illuminated ARC-2-MOA
- 1.3.5 5.Vortex Optics Diamondback 3-9x40 Second Focal Plane Riflescope - V-Plex Reticle
What too consider before buying Best Scope for .308 Sniper?
It is not enough to buy the first scope that you see. To determine if the scope is compatible with your.308 rifle, you must inspect its features. These are just a few:
When buying a riflescope to fit your.308 Sniper, the first thing you should check is its magnification power. You should not assume that a brand with a higher magnification is superior to another. A very high magnification is not necessary for deer hunting, elk hunting, or game hunting. It all depends on your personal preference as to whether you want fixed zoom or variable zoom. Hunting requires a scope that is fast enough to capture the target once it is viewed.
Eye relief is not as important in a.308 rifle because it has less recoil than other ammunition with the same effective range. It does not mean that you should ignore it. You might find it difficult to absorb the gun’s recoil with your shoulder. This means that the gun will not stop immediately. It could cause injury to your eye. Choose a scope that offers 3-1/2″ to 4-1/2″ eye relief.
The weight of the scope will be determined by the lenses within. A fixed zoom lens with a 42mm objective lens and a 9x zoom will be the best choice for you if you are looking for a lightweight scope. It will not allow you to hit targets further than 900 yards. A lighter scope is required if you intend to use it for hunting.
The way you shoot will determine which reticle or crosshairs you use. A BDC reticle, for example, is best if you shoot long distances. These reticles have millings so that you can concentrate on the following adjustments: bullet-drop, windage and elevation for every shot. You have the option to choose from a variety of reticle types depending on how you shoot and what reticles you feel most comfortable with.
The objective lens is located in front of your scope. Its primary function is to let light into the scope and give you a better view of the image. The larger the objective lens, and the more light that penetrates the tube, the better the view. This is a great tool if you shoot in poor light.
The scope will weigh more if the objective lens is larger than the scope. To view the image at a high quality level without adding much weight, you should look for a middle ground. The 42mm objective lens is best for hunting. If you need something a little heavier, the 50mm objective lens is an option.
Parallax isn’t as important as other features for scopes that are short- to mid-range in scope range. These scopes have already been parallax-adjusted. But. You must pay attention to parallax adjustment for long-range. Parallax occurs when the target and the reticle are not in the same focal plane. When your eyes move within the scope, this causes the reticle to move over the target. Look for a long-range scope with parallax adjustment. This is the one that has a turret at its top.
This feature is essential if you plan to use your rifle for hunting. It is impossible to predict when it will rain so it is important that your scope works in all weather conditions. Sometimes, you may be met with thick fog, rain or both. You should choose the scope that can handle all weather conditions, including shock.
Lens coatings for riflescopes can absorb more ambient light in low-light environments. It reduces the glare, making it difficult to aim accurately. Lens coating reduces reflected light which can affect your scope’s accuracy. There are a variety of lenses available: fully coated optics, coated lenses with multicoating, fully coated lenses, or fully multicoated optics.
What Makes A Great.308 Scope.
The .308 Sniper is one of the most popular hunting gear all over the world. It has a longer range of up to 1000 yards and is one of the top-performing ammunition today. To take advantage of its long effective range, you need to match it with a compatible scope that can provide you a better sight picture up to 800 yards. Keep in mind that achieving 1000 yards is difficult not unless you took a class in hunting or are an army-trained sniper.
Eye relief is less important with the.308 Winchester’s low recoil. Keep your eyes away from the eyepiece to avoid the rifle from kicking back. A scope with a minimum eye relief of 3 1/2 inches to 4 inches is adequate.
The purpose of the rifle will determine the scope’s magnification and other aspects. You should make your scope lightweight if you are hunting. You should aim your scope as close as possible to your target if you’re hunting game. You would be better off not trying to shoot it from 800 feet away. If you have a.308 Winchester, the maximum distance you can shoot from is 150 yards. It is sufficient to have a scope that can perform at 9x and 12x.
Top 5 Scope for .308 Sniper
The Trijicon VCOG primary focal plane riflescopescope is a great choice if you are looking for a high-end scope to fit your.308 and has many features.
This riflescope is a first focal plane riflescope that features a red horseshoe ballistic-reticle. It works well with a.308. It only requires one AA battery to light the scope. This is a great option for those who don’t want to carry extra batteries like a C3032 or C3032. You can adjust the brightness of the LED reticle’s illumination by selecting from six settings.
The Trijicon VCOG’s durability is one of its best attributes. It can withstand water submersion up to 66 feet, which is twice the limit of other scopes.
The 24mm objective lens has superior light transmission and produces zero distortion. The reticle magnifies the target because it is a first focal plane scope.
The Trijicon VCOOG includes a quick-release standard mount that can be used with any 1913 Picatinny rail.
If you are looking for something that will drastically reduce the time spent spotting, then the Nightforce Optics SHV might be a good option. This could come in handy if you hunt alone. It will speed things up and make it easier to get your target before it is too late. It’s easy to adjust all dials, regardless of whether you are looking through the scope.
If you are using a shorter scope than this one, it could cause problems. It measures approximately 16 inches so practice with it before you go hunting. The SHV is a great hunting tool. It will stay at zero no matter what you do.
First, you should know that the Burris 2-7X32 Scout Scope is what it is. Scout Scopes are long eye relief scopes that can be mounted in front of the action. These scopes are made for Scout rifles such as the Ruger GSR Scout Or the Steyr Scout rifle.
It is easily the most affordable Scout Optics available.
Burris shows that affordable optics don’t have to be expensive. The Ballistic Plex 2-7X32, a lightweight scope that can be used for hunting, is extremely durable. The 2-7X was a popular choice for hunters 25-years ago. It’s still an excellent choice.
While the 3-9X scope is excellent, the 2-7X offers a lighter scope that can reach just as far. The Ballistic Plex has a great hunting scope. It is simple and straightforward.
The scope allows you to see clearly and uninterruptedly and allows you the ability to watch, observe, and stalk your game. This scope can match any caliber and bullet weight making it ideal for round as dynamic as the 308.
The Posi-Lock system is available on the Burris 2-7×32. The Posi-Lock, a coil-spring-assist retractable steel post, locks your zero in place. You can get repeatable results with no shift in your zero regardless of recoil and rough and tumble conditions.
Primary Arms FFP Rifle Scope comes with all the necessary bells and whistles to ensure accurate shots. The battery (CR2032) is responsible for controlling the brightness level, which can be very useful during dark hours.
Also, shocks won’t affect the scope. Firearms firing at a fast pace will not cause damage to the scope’s lense or other outer parts. You won’t need to spot until you reach 150 yards. You’ll notice the scope’s weight when you move away from a scope lighter than the FFP.
V-Plex MOA is a great choice when you have a.308, as it allows for precise dialing in your shot. The scope is a second focal plane, so it will remain the same size as the scope while magnifying it between 3x to 9x. The scope has simple-to-adjust adjustment turrets at the top and side of the scope that allow you to adjust windage and elevation at 1/4 MOA per mouse click.
Vortex Optics Diamondback is the best scope for your.308 rifle if you want to maximize your shooting experience.